MYAN staff are available to provide technical support (no, not fixing your computer, which we are unfortunately not qualified to do...we mean consulting). We work with:
- school groups
- community groups
- nonprofit organizations
What does MYAN Consult about?
Our staff has a wide range of both educational and professional experience in youth work, and we also strive to build a broad network of members from a range of fields, and an extensive library of resources. We draw on staff experiences, member expertise and our resource collection to offer support on a range of youth engagement issues, such as:
- group formation and development
- youth-adult partnership
- leadership skill development
- youth involvement in decision-making (such as on boards and advisory councils)
- youth involvement in community changemaking, including with Healthy Maine Partnerships
- youth advocacy
- goal setting and action planning
- suggestions about event planning, including presenters on a variety of topics
- and more!
What Kinds of Support does MYAN Offer?
The support we offer depends on the particular needs and circumstances of each request, and may include:
- connections to other people, groups and organizations doing similar work, or who have expertise in a topic area you're working on
- suggestions about ways to approach a project or program
- recommendations of documents and web links to help you find information or build skills
- training for you, your group or your organization (please see our trainings page for more information)
We believe that what makes our network powerful is the diverse experiences and unique perspectives of all the members, and in our support we always do our best to connect people to other network members with relevent experiences and expertise.
There are also a number of ways you can find support on the site on your own.
- Visit our Resource Library to find a wide variety of sites we believe provide valuable information and tools on a range of subjects, including health topics, group development, youth leadership & more. If you are a registered member, you can also link from the Resource Library to pages chock full o' printable resources (handouts, toolkits, etc.) Not a member yet? No problem. Register here--it's easy & free.
- Check out our events calendar for upcoming MYAN events and trainings as well as events and trainings organized by other folks that we think are helpful to members of our network.
- Search our network to find other members interested in the same topics.
- Note: You must be a member of the site to use the search function. (It will let you start a query, but won't give you the results.) Not a member yet? No problem. Register here--it's easy & free.
How can You Request Support?
Support by phone or email is available to youth, adults and organizations at no cost. Submit the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in-depth support than can be offered via phone and email may be available by specific arrangement. To discuss how MYAN may be able to offer support, please contact Beth at 553-5915 or email@example.com.