This page is all about connecting YOU to SUPPORT so your PLAN for change becomes REALITY!
To increase the likelihood of success, consider taking the following steps to create a strategy for achieving your goal:
Create a Vision
As you visualize a change in your school or community, check out what's happening across Maine and what you may get involved in:
- Anti-Tobacco: The prevention of exposure to secondhand smoke, limiting retailing and advertising of tobacco products targeted at youth, and the creation of tobacco-free spaces.
- Substance Abuse Prevention: Prevention of substance use and underage drinking
- Physical Activity & Nutrition: Promote physical activity and proper nutrition and prevent obesity
Make a Plan!
- Among the resources below, we have included an Action Planning Toolkit which contains a step-by-step guide for creating a plan for change and achieving success. We've also included resources to help you in presenting your plan to decision-makers and sustaining your plan.
- Check out the MYAN resource page on action planning for awesome web-links and downloadable tips and additional toolkits & worksheets. (You will have to sign-in as a member to access downloadable resources - we hope you will! It's free and easy).
Talk It Out
- Share your questions & ideas with other MYAN members and fellow action planners! Visit our Facebook fan page and post your questions or share your story!
Share Your Story
- Visit the MYAN Facebook page designed for MYAN fans to share YOUR successes with fellow change-makers!
- You can also submit your story to MYAN for use in our e-newsletter and on our website, or so we can share it when we're out in the world talking about youth leadership and youth-adult partnership.
- Read about successes resulting from action plans from past events. You may also want to check out the Be Inspired section of our website for even more stories of youth-led change and youth-adult partnership!
- MYAN is available to offer support by phone & email! We can talk through ideas, make suggestions, direct you to tools you might find useful, and connect you to other groups and topic area experts. Visit our consulting page to request support!
- Search for other members of MYAN's network so you can form connections and exchange messages.
#Action Planning Resources